Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

What good thing comes out of Nazareth

It is hard to believe that it has been a year since the last Renaissance Arts and Culture Reborn Conference, during this past year, I have been preoccupied by tending to an elderly family member along with my own personal unforeseen health issues. If you are like me it seems the last 10 years God has been really pruning me. (ha! I know that is supposed to be a good thing, but ouch!)( I mean thank you.lol)

This year however, I am most thankful that God has opened wide the door for me to attend. He has prepared for me to speak in St. Louis (Nazareth) and deliver a message for the next generation of artists and designers.


So many young artist or designers disguise their ambitions in seeking to emulate the current zeitgeist. They hunger for approval from the world more than appreciating the approval not based on performance offered by God.

Instead they are looking for an express elevator to the top. The current Art Renaissance Revival that is in it's infancy faces the same dangers of the previous one of 1500's... who gets the glory.

For I have bent Judah, My bow, Fitted the bow with Ephraim, And raised up your sons, O Zion, Against your sons, O Greece, And made you like the sword of a mighty man.”Zechariah 9:12-14

You truly are either a son of Greece i.e. humanism - or you are a son of Zion - faith.

The last Renaissance coincided with the Reformation based on faith and NOT works.  This time God will be speaking in regards to artist that are highly skilled and sold out to Him. 

Not artist chasing the current "idol" status the current zeitgeist promotes.  They will be humble servants, training and disciplining others in what they have learned and devoted to walking in such a manner that their lifestyle and heart speak more to the world than their art.  We sometimes forget we are just the donkey Jesus rides in on, it is not about us, but about HIM>

I love a quote I heard recently that sums it up:
"Humility is the answer to everything" Bickle

The next art movement awakening within the church MUST remember this!

As you can see from the image below the message can be summed up in a one sentence is:

"the way up is down."





But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead?
James 2:19-21

Another twist I see on the horizon is that this time God is dealing within the church first to see if they have you really developed excellence or your craft  in order to have a legitimate voice in market place.   

" I sing in the bars one day and the church the next, the difference is the people in bars wanted ministered to and the people in the church wanted entertained" Ricky Skaggs

Both faith and works (humble spirit, showing grace, and investing the time to be excellent in your craft) will be result in the desired open doors of opportunity - it will empower the believer to be better equipped to share their art with a world longing to be convinced with the reality of God's heart for them personally. When we operate and walk in both.


The conference is the weekend of June 15th and upon returning I will be posting more of the key things I believe God is speaking.  Keep me in prayer for this event.



Blessings,
Kathleen